Welcome to the JCHS Special Education Department!
Taken from the TN Department of Education Special Education website:
The Beliefs that Drive our Work
- Special education is not a place. It is the most intensive intervention along the continuum of service defined by individual need, services, and placement.
- Strong leadership at every level is the foundation of a collaborative and inclusive environment that supports ALL students.
- All students are general education students first. Every student can learn, demonstrate growth, and must have access to high quality, evidence-based instruction that maximizes their potential in the least restrictive environment.
- Educators are professionals, content experts, and the key to student success. They should be supported instructionally and professionally.
- All students can achieve postsecondary success.