Johnson County District Vision
At Johnson County Schools, we are committed to our vision of the highest levels of teaching and learning, supported by these four critical elements:
- Collaboration is purposeful, constant and regularly scheduled, where everyone works as a team, sharing both instructionally successful ideas and challenges between and across grade levels.
- Parents/guardians are willing, knowledgeable, and active partners in the learning process to support student success.
- Instruction is a reflection of the teacher’s high expectations for students and the teacher’s deep understanding of the grade level content.
- Teachers model a love for learning and show their belief in students by creating a positive environment where success is possible.
- Students show their success and learning in a variety of ways, creating relevant work and tasks which give a complete picture of their progress.
Resource Utilization and Development:
- Research-based resources for all subject areas are consistently available for teachers to use in student interventions and enrichment.
- Technology is regularly and effectively implemented in classrooms to support deep levels of student learning.
- Professional development is ongoing and includes regular support, resources, and follow up to require classroom implementation to strengthen student success.
Leadership for Change:
- There are written and consistent guidelines and procedures to provide ways of sharing important information throughout all levels of school and district work.
- The district develops teacher leadership to promote quality and cohesive instruction, and a continual focus on students.
- Leaders view teacher effectiveness primarily in terms of student success.